Thursday, June 17, 2010

ZAPP

On Tuesday, I went to Grandma Zapp's Rolling Thunderheart Mountain Variety Show (and bake sale) and had such an amazing time. It was my first real time seeing ZAPP in action and if I wasn't sold before, I'm sold now.

I loved the checklist in the back of program. (Sorry for the awful photos, I am in cleaning mode but I wanted to post about this in the week that it actually happened.)

During intermission, I bought some delicious pumpkin bread.

And after the show, even though I didn't get to stay long, I decided to pick up a copy of Ong Ong and it is just gorgeous. One of the best parts of this zine is the CD that it comes with, full of random pieces of music.


The work that goes into these zines and ZAPP itself is just mind-blowing to me. It is at times like these that I really wish I was a better writer to properly convey how amazed I am by this place and the people involved.

Here's a list of the wonderful people at the show that you should check out:

Julia Lipscomb
Lucy Morehouse
Max Clotfelter and Kelly Froh
Greg Stump
Zach Mandeville
Helen Parson
Megan Kelso
Jim Woodring

No comments: